Thursday, January 10, 2008

Day 1 in Kuching

I went to Kuching to visit my friend Merlye who is there. She has just given birth a month plus ago and I decided to visit her and also to relax.

I woke up at 6.30am and finish my packing. I have to thank Wee Kiat and Shirley for sending me to the airport. They are so kind. I reach LCCT about 8am and I went to check-in my luggage. There was a long queue to check-in luggage for my flight, AK5204.

It was bout 8.45am before I finish checking in and took my ticket. I then went and bought a newspaper to read while waiting. Then I went to the boarding area to wait for the gate to open.

The gate open at 9.15am sharp and this is my first time walking up the stairs into the plane and not through the tunnel. It is so cool. SInce it was free seating, I choose to sit at the wing area for I like to monitor the wing's movement.

I arrive in Kuching at about 11am and Merlye and her husband, Greoffrey came and pick me up. We then went to pick up her other 2 friends, Poh Yee and Ling and went for lunch. Lunch was good at this cafe. After that, we drop Poh Yee and Ling at The Spring, which is the first shopping mall in Kuching due to open on the 10 January this year.

We then head to home and I saw baby Brenda. She is so cute and small. Her eyes is so big. She was sleeping most of the time though but she is a baby and her main activity is sleep ^_^

 

Later we went out with their friends Jonathon King and his sister. We went to a hopping mall to get somethings then went off to meet their other friends at this cafe call Toast and Kaya. That cafe is using the same concept as Old Town Kopitiam. I had an ice lemon tea and it taste of bitter tea. I think they ran out of sugar.

After that we head back and I meet Greoffrey's parents. I had a chat with them and it was a pleasant conversation. We talked till it was time for dinner. Then I went with Merlye and Greoffrey to meet up Poh Yee and Ling for dinner at the foodcourt near Crown Plaza and Holiday Inn. The food there is fantastic. We had seafood and I was surprise that it isn't that fishy. The fried oyster omelette was fantastic and it looks different from the ones I usually eat.


After a long day, we call it a day and head home to rest. Tomorrow would be a new day filled with new adventures. I'm looking forward to seeing more of Kuching. So far, Kuching reminds me of my hometown, a peaceful, quiet place where the air is clean and the sky is very blue ^_^

No comments: