Monday, December 24, 2007

Crazy Traffic

I can't believe that I forgot that today was the end of a long weekend since Hari Raya Haji falls on Thursday and there are a lot of people who take Friday off. So me, the smart ass, decided to start my journey back to KL at 6pm along with the everyone else.

Earlier in the day, I just sat at home enjoying the shows on AXN and then go out for a quick last minute Christmas shopping. My dad was rushing me and it didn't hit me yet till I got stuck along Sungai Perak rest area. That was when the first jam started. It was then I realized that people are heading back to KL to work on the next day -_-"

Then I thought, isn't Tuesday a public holiday too? Why are all these people going back to work? Can't they take Monday off too? But then another realization hit me where not everyone can take Monday off as they might have finished all their annual leave. Damn...how stupid can I get?

The jam from Sungai Perak lasted till the Ipoh Utara toll before it clear for a while. It was 8pm when I reach Ipoh. My sister was complaining hungry so we stop at McDonald's near Tesco Ipoh for dinner. We rested for 30 minutes before we continue our journey. Since we are full and content, I hope for a smooth journey from here onwards.

My wish seems to come true as traffic was smooth till Tapah where the jam started again. But this time, the jam lasted till Rawang. My maximum speed was only 110 km/h while the slowest was 30 km/h. By the time we reached KL, it was pass 12 midnight. For a normal 3 hours journey, it took me 6 hours for I was dumb as not to remember about the jam.

I wonder how come this very IMPORTANT information can slipped my mind? I can say it is due to my holiday mood where I'm on holiday and forgot that there are others who are also on holiday like me. This is my punishment for being dumb -_-"




No comments: