Sunday, February 27, 2011

Malacca Trip

It has been a long time when I last went to Malacca with my family. We finally went down in early December in conjunction with my sister's birthday. (Pls note our family holiday is normally during her birthday :)) At the same time, we tried to visit my mum's aunts and uncles there :)

When we arrive, we look for a hotel to stay for a night. Hahaha...according to my dad, we don't need to book as there would be rooms available at any hotel. Boy was he wrong. The hotels are mostly booked but we manage to get a room at Bayview Hotel. After settling the room, we head out to look for goodies to eat with my mum leading the way. We walk to an alley and to the place where my mum used to go for Ice Kacang and Buns. 





After a nice meal, we walk over to the river side and snap some photos before heading back to the hotel. Along the way back to the hotel, we stop at the bakery where my parents ordered their wedding cake many years back. They were so happy to go to the shop :) 



Tai-T Cake Shop
Once back at the hotel, my mum make dinner arrangements with her aunts and uncles and we head off to meet them at their place. So happen, my mum's cousin was back as she was having her summer break. We chat a while then head off for dinner at Bei Zhan. Oh my. I read reviews about the place but didn't know I have a chance to finally eat there. The place setting was beautiful and the food was delicious. I was happy as my mum got to meet up with her aunts and have a family picture taken after so many years. Yes, my mum is working up north while her relatives are down south at Malacca. 


Seafood Curry


Fried Mushrooms
After dinner, we went to Dataran Pahlawan and also Jongker Street. We bought some stuffs and took pictures as usual. When we reach back to the hotel, we head down to the hotel coffee house for supper as we have free coupons :) My dad ordered a plate of Tuna sandwiches while we each ordered drinks. After that we call it a night.


Perfume making booth
Tuna Sandwiches
The next day, we woke up early and head to not sure where is that area for the famous fish ball noodles. We haven't ate it for so long but finally have a chance to eat it. After breakfast, we head back to Jongker Street to take more photos and have Durian cendol :) Yummy. Other than that, we had Amoy Yuan Yang Waffles. It looks like those dessert in Japan. 

Fish Ball Noodles


After checking out, we went round the Clock Tower to take more pictures and have lunch. After lunch, we continue some photo shots before heading back to KL.






No comments: